Information we collect
The nature of our business requires us to collect personal information. The type of information that we usually collect includes:
- Name, address, occupation and contact details;
- Banking institution, bank account details and tax file number;
- Company names, ACN/ABN numbers, director/secretary names and contact details;
- Names and contact details of your advisers/consultants;
- Information relating to the status of individuals as professional, sophisticated or wholesale investors; and
- Information about your dealings with our projects and us.
This information is generally collected from you directly when you apply to invest with IMA. It may also be collected from your professional advisers who contact us on your behalf.
If this information is not provided to IMA, we may not be able to provide the relevant services to you.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We only use personal information for the purposes that it was collected, including to:
- Provide our services to you or meet our obligations to you;
Manage and develop our relationships;
- Provide relevant information about our projects, events or other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Conduct our operations internally;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We only disclose personal information for the purpose that it was collected, and also:
- When you authorise us to disclose information;
- Within IMA;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to assist a law enforcement or security agency or other national or statutory authority;
- When we are required or permitted by law.
The types of organisations to whom we may disclose your personal information include your professional investment adviser or financial planner, the Australian Taxation Office, your relevant financial institution.
Any personally identifiable information we collect about you will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection. You should be aware, however, that some personal information might be disclosed to third parties who undertake marketing, mail-out, IT or financial services for IMA. These parties are bound to keep the information they receive confidential, and to only use it for the purposes of providing services to IMA.
We take reasonable steps to secure and protect all personal information that we hold on our premises or on electronic databases. Appropriate measures are taken to address physical, personnel and electronic security.
IMA does not guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet and does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused whatsoever as a result of access to our website or information transmitted over the internet.
You have a right to access personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee where we provide access. We may refuse to provide access to information held about you in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, if we do this we will tell you why.
If you think that any information that we hold about you is incorrect then please notify us and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this Policy or would like more information on how we handle your information please contact the Legal and Compliance Manager.
Legal and Compliance Manager
Investment Management Australia Pty Ltd
GPO Box 2262
Brisbane Qld 4001
Fax (07) 3229 3448